Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Vikkys Gun - Done for now...

I’ve finished with Vikky’s gun. (For the time being, at least.) I feel like it took me way too long. (about 16 hours) Below you can see the model with no texture maps applied.

Overall I’d rate this model a 6 out of 10 - it just didn’t come out like I wanted. There are a few features/brushes inside of zbrush that I’m still struggling with. You can see where the handle and the frame come together, it just doesn’t look right. (I guess I’ll have to read some more.)

I wanted to wire the parameters together so that when the hammer is pulled back the chamber would rotate accordingly, but I think that might be a little too technical for right now. I didn’t add in any fine detail yet because I need to establish an overall look for the animation I’m trying to create. The fine detail might not even show up.

My next step is to establish the overall look for this animation.
I’m thinking along the lines of some stylized cell shading, but we’ll see. I want to try and match the look to my original concept drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment