Monday, September 12, 2011

Vikky's Body - still needs work


I completed three more training courses, all by Digital Tutors: Maya Basics, UV Layout, and Female Android Modeling. Sadly, I have to say these courses were not very helpful to me. They are kinda dated, going all the way back to 2001 or somewhere around there. I believe they were using Maya 6 in the videos, and well, some of the processes are outdated. They were put together well, kinda slow in parts, but overall, just outdated.

Anyways, I finished modeling out Vikky’s body, but I’m not very happy with my results. They feel lifeless and kinda blah. I was reading that you should only rely on the base mesh to represent about 20% of what you are trying to achieve, and have the rest be made up with lighting, texture, animation, etc., but still I’m not happy.

I think I’m going to do a quick body study, and maybe spend a day or so drawing another concept piece in Photoshop. Once I finish that, I might start from scratch on the body again, or modify the one I’ve got. We’ll see.

Here is the progress through my training so far:

No comments:

Post a Comment